Directory of Services for Women with Children (WA)

Useful websites, guides & tips from the forum will find their way here.

Directory of Services for Women with Children (WA)

Postby whsadmin on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Women's Health Services, in association with King Edward Memorial Hospital, has developed the Directory of Services for Women with Children (WA).

What is the Directory of Services?
The Directory is a free service created assist organisations and community members in finding programs and facilities for expecting women and women with young familes, in Western Australia.

How do I find the Directory?
A link to the Directory can be found in the top main menu of the Women's Health Services Website.
Or you can simple go to: http://www.whs.org.au/directory

How do I use the Directory?
When using the Directory you can search the list of Programs or Organisations.
Simply type in the Name, Keyword(s) OR Address/Suburb you would like to search and a list of the programs that fit your description will appear.

For example: typing "Mental, Health" in the keyword search, and "Northbridge" in the Suburb search.

What can I do if I can't find the service(s) I need?
Not all programs and organisations specify their location, or focus on a single area, there for it can sometimes be useful to search only for the issue you are looking to address (i.e. "Mental, Health).

If you are unable to find a service to suit your needs, you may need to alter your Keywords. For example, search for the subject "alcohol" rather than the term "drinking".

Finally, if you can not find a service that suits your needs in our Directory, send us an email at
webadmin AT whs.org.au and let us know what services you are looking for. We will do our best to find service(s) relevant to your needs, and these services will be added to the Directory in the future.

How do I apply for a service to be added?
To apply for addition to the Directory of Services (WA),
email us with details on the organisation or program, and why you feel it is relevant to the Directory. The request will be assessed, and if approved authorisation for inclusion and information details will be sought from the organisation in question.
- The WHS Team
whsadmin

Return to Useful Information